Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
ANNOTATED AGENDA - REGULAR MEETING
BELVEDERE CITY COUNCIL
SEPTEMBER 14, 2015, 5:00 P.M.
CITY HALL CONFERENCE ROOM I & COUNCIL CHAMBERS
450 SAN RAFAEL AVENUE, BELVEDERE, CALIFORNIA
COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
The public will be given an opportunity speak on each agenda item when it is called. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please state your name and address, and limit your oral statement to no more than three minutes. The Council welcomes comments and questions raised by interested citizens but typically does not respond during the comment period.
5:00 PM CALL TO ORDER IN CONFERENCE ROOM I
ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION
Meeting was called to order at 5:00 PM and adjourned to closed session.
Council Members Present: Campbell, Donnell, McCaskill, Winter,
and Mayor McAuliffe.
Staff Present: City Manager Neilan.
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION (Government Code Section 54957)
Title: City Manager
6:30 PM RECONVENE IN OPEN SESSION IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Meeting was reconvened in the Council Chambers at 6:30 PM. Building Official
Banvard, City Planner Borba, Public Works Manager Derdenger, Finance
Director Eastman, City Clerk Foulis, and Deputy City Attorney Longfellow joined
Mayor McAuliffe announced that no reportable actions were taken in the closed
Mayor McAuliffe lead the Pledge of Allegiance.
This is an opportunity for any citizen to briefly address the City Council on any matter that does not appear in this agenda. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please state your name, address, and limit your oral statement to no more than three minutes. Matters that appear to warrant a more lengthy presentation or Council consideration will be agendized for further discussion at a later meeting.
No one wished to speak.
REPORTS & PRESENTATIONS
2. City Council Reports.
Council Members Donnell, Campbell, and McCaskill, and Mayor McAuliffe gave reports.
3. City Manager Reports.
City Manager Neilan reported on the drainage issue at Lagoon Road and erosion issues around the island.
The Consent Calendar consists of items that the City Council considers to be non-controversial. Unless any item is specifically removed by any member of the City Council, staff, or audience, the Consent Calendar will be adopted by one motion. Items removed will be considered in the sequence as they appear below. If any member of the audience wishes to have an item removed, please step to the microphone, state your name, and indicate the item.
Motion: To approve the Consent Calendar
Moved: By Donnell, second by McCaskill; approval unanimous.
4. Approve minutes of the August 10, 2015, regular City Council meeting.
5. Approve warrants of August 2015.
6. Adopt resolution adopting 2015-16 Fiscal Year Gann Appropriations Limit for the City of Belvedere.
7. Approve the two year Memorandum of Understanding with the Marin County Office of Emergency Services for an annual cost to the City of Belvedere of $3,618 for FY 2015-16 and FY 2016-17.
8. Adoption of an ordinance of the City of Belvedere amending Title 19, Zoning, of the Belvedere Municipal Code to change the definition of height limits in the R1-L and R-2 zoning districts.
9. Introduction and first reading of an Ordinance of the City of Belvedere amending Title 16, Buildings and Construction, and Title 20, Architectural and Environmental Design Review, of the Belvedere Municipal Code to implement programs to further enhance the already expedited building permit process for solar energy improvements and to demonstrate compliance with Assembly Bill 2188.
Staff recommendation: Conduct the public hearing and approve introduction of the ordinance
City Council conducted the Public Hearing.
No Comments from the Public.
Motion: To read the ordinance by title only.
Moved: By McCaskill, second by Donnell; approval unanimous.
City Clerk read the title of the ordinance.
Motion: To approve the first reading of the ordinance and to waive future reading of the ordinance in its entirety.
Moved: By McCaskill, second by Campbell; approval unanimous.
OTHER SCHEDULED ITEMS
10. Reconsider approval with conditions of revocable license for private improvements in the City right-of-way in front of 130 Bella Vista Avenue. Property Owner: James K. and Carmen D. Steil.
Staff recommendation: Reconsider the revocable license agreement for 130 Bella Vista Avenue in light of information presented that was not in the previous report.
Vice Mayor Campbell recused himself.
Council directed staff to work with applicant to move fence out of the right-of-way on Bella Vista Avenue and return to Council meeting next month with a new revocable license exhibit.
11. Preliminary review of financial support provided Belvedere-Tiburon Joint Recreation (BTJR), costs to operate Belvedere Community Center (BCC), and facility use; consideration of terms of lease renewal for BCC.
Staff recommendation: Review information responding to previous Council comments; provide direction to staff regarding BCC lease renewal.
Council reviewed the finances of Belvedere-Tiburon Joint Recreation (BTJR) and directed staff to work with the BTJR Director to develop plan for offsetting costs to the City in the coming years. Staff will return with a response and new lease agreement at the next regular meeting of the City Council.
12. Discuss Council assignments to various city, county, and regional boards and committees.
Staff recommendation: That the City Council discuss the list of their appointments and make changes as they see fit.
The Council reviewed their Committee assignments and made changes as they liked.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:34 PM.
NOTICE: WHERE TO VIEW AGENDA MATERIALS
Staff reports and other materials distributed to the City Council are available for public inspection at the following locations:
> Belvedere City Hall, 450 San Rafael Avenue, Belvedere. (Materials distributed to the City Council after the Thursday before the meeting are available for public inspection at this location only.)
> Belvedere-Tiburon Library, 1501 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon.
To request automatic mailing of agenda materials, please contact the City Clerk at 415/435-3838.
NOTICE: AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The following accommodations will be provided upon request to persons with a disability; agendas and/or agenda packet materials in alternate formats and special assistance needed to attend or participate in this meeting. Please make your request at the Office of the City Clerk or by calling 415/435-3838. Whenever possible, please make your request four working days in advance.