To arrange a building inspection, please call (415) 435-8915 to make the request. During non-business hours please leave your name, phone number, and project site. Inspection requests will be honored until 11:59 p.m. the day before the inspection. Inspections called in after 11:59 p.m. will be scheduled for the next inspection day.
Contact the Building Department with any questions regarding inspections at (415) 435-8915 .
Construction hours are limited to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. This includes the warm-up of equipment and delivery of materials. Violation of construction work hours will result in a stop work order that will be enforced by the Building Department and the Police Department and lifted only after approval from the Building Department.
Construction work is also prohibited on the following city-observed holidays:
- New Year's Day - January 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Third Monday in January
- Presidents Day - Third Monday in February
- Memorial Day - Last Monday in May
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day - First Monday in September
- Veterans Day - November 11
- Thanksgiving Day - Fourth Thursday in November
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas - December 25