AGENDA – REGULAR MEETING
AGENDA - REGULAR MEETING
BELVEDERE CITY COUNCIL
MARCH 9, 2020, 6:30 PM
450 SAN RAFAEL AVENUE, BELVEDERE, CALIFORNIA
COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS BY MEMBERS OF THE AUDIENCE
The audience will be given an opportunity to speak on each agenda item when it is called. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please state your name and address, and limit your oral statement to no more than three minutes. The Council welcomes comments and questions raised by interested citizens but typically does not respond during the comment period.
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
This is an opportunity for any citizen to briefly address the City Council on any matter that does not appear on this agenda. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please state your name, address, and limit your oral statement to no more than three minutes. Matters that appear to warrant a more lengthy presentation or Council consideration may be agendized for further discussion at a later meeting.
REPORTS & PRESENTATIONS1. City Council reports.
2. City Manager reports. a. Update on Issues Related to the Coronavirus.
The Consent Calendar consists of items that the City Council considers to be non-controversial. Unless any item is specifically removed by any member of the City Council, staff, or audience, the Consent Calendar will be adopted by one motion. Items removed will be considered in the sequence as they appear below. If any member of the audience wishes to have an item removed, please step to the microphone, state your name, and indicate the item.
3. Approve minutes of the February 10, 2020, regular meeting.
4. Approve warrants of February 2020.
5. Chief Wu to swear in new Reserve Police Officer Thomas Hart.
6. Approve revocable license for proposed private improvements in the City street right-of-way along Blanding Lane for the property at 1 Blanding Lane, Belvedere, California 94920.
Property Owner: Chris Henry.
7. Approve revocable license for existing private improvements in the City street right-of-way along Windward Road for the property at 5 Windward Road.
Property Owner: Hamilton Family Trust.
INDIVIDUAL CONSENT CALENDARIndividual Consent Calendar Items are considered non-controversial but require individual motions for approval due to necessary recusals.
8. Mills Act Agreement requested by owners of 334 Golden Gate Avenue.
RECUSAL: Councilmember McAuliffe
9. Approve revocable license for private improvements in the City street right-of-way in front of 45 Bella Vista Avenue, Belvedere, California 94920.
Property Owner: Bud and Bonnie Spiesberger.
RECUSALS: Mayor Kemnitzer, Vice Mayor Campbell, Councilmember McCaskill – Draw Names
OTHER SCHEDULED ITEMS10. Adoption of an Ordinance Amendment to Belvedere Municipal Code Chapter 2.04 Codifying City Manager Authority to Sign Contracts Pursuant to Existing State law.
11. Discussion, consideration and possible motion Item - Library expansion project presentation and request for contribution by the City of Belvedere.
- Late CORR - Brekhus
- Late CORR - Briggin
- Late CORR - Lane
- Late CORR - Lasky
- Late CORR - Rothman 1
- Late CORR Rothman 2
- Late CORR - Wells
- Late CORR - Woodring
- Late CORR - Felton
12. Consideration of Belvedere Lagoon Property Owners Association, BLPOA, request to have permit fees waived for lagoon generator. Give direction to staff.
13. Construction progress update for the project at 130 Bella Vista Avenue.
Staff recommendation: Hear update and give direction to staff if desired.
Recusals, Mayor Kemnitzer and Vice Mayor Campbell
NOTICE: WHERE TO VIEW AGENDA MATERIALS
Staff reports and other materials distributed to the City Council are available for public inspection at the following locations:
• Online at www.cityofbelvedere.org/archive.aspx
• Belvedere City Hall, 450 San Rafael Avenue, Belvedere.
(Materials distributed to the City Council after the Thursday before the meeting are available for public inspection at this location only.)
• Belvedere-Tiburon Library, 1501 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon.
To request automatic mailing of agenda materials, please contact the City Clerk at 415-435-3838.
NOTICE: AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The following accommodations will be provided, upon request, to persons with a disability: agendas and/or agenda packet materials in alternate formats and special assistance needed to attend or participate in this meeting. Please make your request at the Office of the City Clerk or by calling 415-435-3838. Whenever possible, please make your request four working days in advance.