Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
1. Design Review for renovation and additions to the front and rear of the existing residence at 16 Peninsula Road. The proposed additions would add 1,065 square feet of new floor area to the existing 2,041 square-foot residence. The renovation plans include a new six-foot solid wood fence and gates in the front yard, new integral colored concrete steps, patio and gas fire pit in the rear yard; and a new metal roof, garage door, and exterior lighting. Property Owners: Bialla Family Trust. Applicant: David Holscher, Holscher Architecture.
2. Design Review, Variance and Revocable License for replacement of two existing single-car carports with a new two-car garage, entry gate, fence, walkways, retaining walls and landscaping, portions of which are proposed within the public right-of-way at 102 Golden Gate Avenue. A Variance is requested to allow the proposed garage to be located within the front yard setback. Property Owners: William and Betty Hasler. Applicant: Ron Sutton, Sutton Suzuki Architects.
3. Initial Study/Negative Declaration, Zoning Ordinance Amendment for a Planned Unit Development Overlay Zone, a Tentative Subdivision Map, a Planned Unit Development Permit and a Development Agreement for the Belvedere Land Company (BLC) located on Beach Road, between San Rafael Avenue and Cove Road. The proposed project consists of a Planned Unit Development (PUD) overlay for seven (7) existing lots located along Lower Beach Road and the subdivision of five (5) of the seven (7) lots into 20 parcels(sub lots). The subdivision portion of the project contains a total of 72 existing residential units and 4,500 square feet of commercial space. An additional 25 residential dwelling units occupy the lots that are proposed for the PUD, but are not part of the subdivision. The proposed PUD overlay zone would establish the existing development, such that no additional development potential beyond what is currently allowed. The project would retain existing development already established and no additional construction or re-development, other than sidewalk improvements is proposed at this time.
4. Design Review and Revocable License for final landscape plan (planting plan) for the property located at 39 Belvedere Avenue a.k.a. 41-43 Belvedere Avenue. In addition to the final planting plan, the proposed project includes request for approval of four air conditioning units and fencing modifications. Applicant: Adam Rouse Aidlin Darling Architects. Property Owner: 39 Belvedere LLC.
5. Design Review and Revocable License Amendment to allow a 66SF courtyard encroachment into the public right-of-way at 39 West Shore Road. The proposed project includes construction of a 6’ tall stucco wall around the perimeter of the courtyard, a portion of which will encroach 5’ into the right-of-way, in addition to landscaping, and pavers. Property owners: Doug Norby and Susan Anderson Norby. Applicant: Andrew Pribuss, Richardson Architects.
6. Planning Commission discussion and consideration of amendments to Title 19 of the Belvedere Municipal Code to amend the definition of height measurement in the Belvedere Lagoon Zones (R-1L, R-2 and R-3 Zoning Districts) in response to impacts of FEMA Regulations.
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN that at the above time and place, all letters received will be noted, and all interested parties will be heard. Please note that if you challenge in court any of the matters described above, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the above-referenced public hearing [Government Code Section 65009(b)(2)]. Correspondence will be received up to the start of the meeting. Please submit any correspondence by November 12, 2013 for inclusion in the staff report distributed to the Commission before the meeting. Items will not necessarily be heard in the above order or, because of possible changes or extenuating conditions, be on the actual agenda. For additional information, please contact City Hall.
450 San Rafael Avenue, Belvedere, CA 94920 (415) 435-3838