Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
IE: What type of "TREE WORK?" Pruning, removal?
Christina Cook, email@example.com (415) 404-2943
Applicant agrees to perform work according to City of Belvedere specifications and standards and any pertinent sections of the Belvedere Municipal Code and the Belvedere Administrative Policy Manual.
Applicant in accepting this permit understands that at any time within one year after completion of the work on demand of the City, applicant shall perform any work required to repair damage to City property caused by Encroachment.
Further, it is understood that applicant or contractor has provided Worker’s Compensation Insurance as required under State law.
Applicant agrees to abide by any other conditions placed on this permit by the City.
Indemnification: Permittee shall indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the City, its officers, agents, employees and volunteers against any and all claims, demands, suits, losses, liabilities or expenses of any kind, including attorney's fees and administrative costs to the extent caused, arising out of or resulting in any way, or in part, from the negligent acts or omissions or willful misconduct of Permittee, its officers, agents, employees, or contractors, in connection with the Permittee’s duties or obligations under this Permit, or the Permittee’s use of the City’s right-of-way, excluding any such liability caused by the sole active negligence or willful misconduct by the City. This indemnification shall survive any termination of this Permit. Permittee shall defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the City, its officers, agents, employees, and volunteers, from any loss, liability or damage arising from any claim, action or proceeding seeking to attack, set aside, void or annul the City’s approval of the Permittee’s use of the City’s right-of-way pursuant to this permit.
NO CHARGE FOR UTILITES WORKING ON CITY INFRASTRUCTURE
The Belvedere Public Works Department wishes to inform you of the following five Municipal Codes which are related to construction work in the City and which the violation of often results in a citation issued to the offender:
1. Minimum of 10 Feet of Paved Way must be left clear and unobstructed for free passage of other vehicles. The 10 foot “clear passage” also applies to construction material. Debris boxes require 12 feet of clearance. (Municipal Code 10.36.40).
2. Oversize Vehicles: Obtain an Encroachment Permit from City Hall if the vehicle will travel on Belvedere Island – It may not be larger than 11 feet high, 8 feet wide, and 20 feet long OR if the vehicle will travel on Corinthian Island -- It may not be larger than 9 feet high, 7 feet wide, and 20 feet long. (Municipal Code 10.56.010).
3. Working in City Right of Way: Most work taking place on, adjacent to, or abutting City streets and sidewalks, i.e., driveways, walls, fences, and plantings, requires an Encroachment Permit from the Public Works or City Engineer.(Municipal Code 13.04.020).
4. Depositing of Paint, Paint Thinner, Cement Residue, Sand or Other Building Materials or Waste in City Streets or Storm Drains: Such materials shall be disposed of in such a manner that they will not enter the storm drain system.(Municipal Code 8.20.020).
5. All Debris Boxes Require Encroachment Permits.
* indicates a required field