The City Manager is responsible for carrying out the City Council's decisions and running the City's day-to-day operations. All departments report to the City Manager except the City Attorney, who reports directly to the City Council.
City Manager duties include:
- Managing all City functions, including police, public works, building and planning, city clerk, and finance services
- Developing and maintaining the City's budget
- Overseeing all staffing decisions, including labor negotiations
- Ensuring the Council has the information needed to make policy decisions and implementing those decisions
- Ensuring that City services are running smoothly
- Coordinating City work with other cities and regional agencies
- Coordinating General Plan and Housing Element updates
- Coordinating with legal counsel on any legal issues facing the City
- Representing the City on various external bodies
Robert Zadnik has been the City's City Manager since June 17, 2022.