Large-sized home projects require Planning Commission Design Review. The approval process usually takes about 90 days. However, this can take longer depending on the complexity of the project and the impact it will have on the neighborhood.
Large home projects are typically characterized as:
- Location and Design of all significant remodels and new structures.
- Construction or installation of new fences, retaining walls, walkways, sidewalks, patios, decks, fountains, ponds, swimming pools, garbage or trash enclosures, and sport courts.
- Landscape changes or additions when a visually significant portion of a lot is affected. Including the addition of trees exceeding a height of 12 feet at maturity.
- Parking and loading areas, carports, garages and driveways.
- Exterior lighting, signs, skylights, satellite dishes, antennas.
- Variances and Exceptions to Belvedere development standards including set-backs, building heights, lot coverage, and floor area.
If you think your project qualifies for Planning Commission Design Review, you should contact the Planning & Building Department to review and discuss.