Volunteer for a City Committee!

What do I do if I want a tree on City property trimmed or removed?

Trimming of trees on public property require City approval in advance of any work conducted and will trigger an Encroachment Permit requirement. Removal of trees on public property is a multi-step process, including notification of neighbors. For more detail, contact the City’s Public Works Department at (415) 435-3838 or email Antony Boyd, Public Works Director, and review the City’s relevant Municipal Code including Municipal Code 8, Health & Safety.

Close window