Posted on: August 2, 2017
[ARCHIVED] Planning Commission Notice of Public Hearing
NOTE: This is not an agenda. The agenda will be posted/available the Friday before the meeting.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 6:30 p.m., the Planning Commission of the City of Belvedere will hold a regular meeting at 450 San Rafael Avenue, Belvedere, California, to consider actions and reports including the following:
1. Consideration of Design Review and Revocable License to construct a new redwood, 6 foot right side yard fence and a new redwood, 4 foot fence at the front property in the right-of-way at 241 Bayview Avenue. Applicant: Joan Barth; Property Owner: Michael Bishop.
2. Consideration of Design Review and Exception to Total Floor Area for improvements to the existing home at 42 Bayview Avenue. The project proposes a 667 square foot addition on the lower level and a 180 square foot addition on the upper level. The project requires an Exception to Total Floor Area; the allowed floor area is 3,361 square feet and the proposed floor area is 3,526 square feet. The project proposal includes new siding for the entire house. Applicant: John Swain; Property Owners: Carrie and Eric Ask.
3. Consideration of Design Review, Conditional Use Permit and Mitigated Negative Declaration for waterfront improvements at 121 Belvedere Avenue. The proposal includes a new private pier, dock, boat lift, platform lift, access stairs, hillavator and above grade deck. The pier is approximately 876 square feet of new area over the water and is proposed in the middle of 121 Belvedere’s shore line frontage and avoids natural rock outcroppings. Applicant: LAK Associates, Sean Kennings; Property Owners: David McClosky.
4. Demolition, Design Review, Exception to Total Floor Area, Variance, Second Unit and Conditional Use Permit applications for 81 Belvedere Avenue. The project proposes to demolish the existing garage structure and construct a new three story 2,346 square foot garage, attached car port and second unit. The project requires an Exception to Total Floor Area; the allowed floor area is 4,850 square feet and the project proposes 5,152 square feet. The project also requires a Variance for the structure to encroach into the rear yard setback. The General Use Permit is required because the accessory dwelling unit does not meet the requirements for the R-15 zoning district in terms allowable floor area. Applicant: Sutro Architects; Property Owner: Patrick and Melissa Feder.
5. Design Review and Exception to Total Floor Area to utilize the unexcavated space below the house at 15 Oak Place. The project proposes 3,590 square feet where 3,520 square feet exists, therefore an Exception to Total Floor Area is required. Property Owner: Reece and Michelle Kresser; Applicant: Hank Bruce Architects.
6. Consideration of a Variance application for improvements to the existing residence at 16 Maybridge Road (This project was approved except for the Variance by the Planning Commission at its July 17, 2018 meeting). The Variance is required because it was determined that a demolition application was necessary for the existing house due to the removal of the roof. The existing second story side yard setbacks encroach into the setback which requires the Variance application. Applicant: Michael Heckmann (Heckmann Architects); Property Owners: Al and Elaine Green.
7. Consideration of a side yard Variance for the building structure to encroach into the side yard setback by 4 inches at 175 San Rafael Avenue. This project is under construction and due to engineering, the building wall needs to be shifted to encroach into the side yard setback. Applicant and Property Owner: Deb and Chris Holland.
8. Consideration of Design Review and Exception to Floor Area for a deck replacement and deck addition and new exterior stairs at the upper and lower floors of the existing residence at the rear/right side of the property located at 7 Fern Avenue. An Exception to Floor Area is required as the residence currently exceeds the allowable floor area for the property. Applicant Ken Chainey; Property Owners: Rhonda Diaz & Jeffery Caldeway.
9. Consideration of a Use Permit related to improvements to the Corinthian Yacht Club property located at 43 Main Street. The project proposes maintenance and improvements to the Club facilities; no exterior modifications or expansion of the building are proposed. The modifications are interior improvements to the floor plan of the existing building. The majority of the proposed work includes improved restrooms, an expanded & upgraded kitchen, improved interior circulation and relocation of member restrooms, staff offices & reception area. A Use Permit is required pursuant to Title 19 of the Belvedere Municipal Code for private recreational use and club buildings located in the R-Recreation Zone. Applicant Christopher Raker, AIA – Raker Architects. Property Owner: Corinthian Yacht Club.
10. Demolition Permit, Design Review, Accessory Dwelling Unit, Revocable License and Use Permit applications for demolition of an existing detached garage and second unit (accessory dwelling unit) and construction of a new detached garage and accessory dwelling unit on property located at 300 Bella Vista Avenue and adjacent City-owned property. The project proposes demolition of the existing garage and second dwelling unit (below the garage), both partially located within the Bella Vista Avenue street right-of-way, and construction of a new 410 square foot garage and a new 410 square foot accessory dwelling unit at approximately the same location. Property Owner: Denise and Steve Bauer; Applicant: Phoebe Holscher, Holscher Architecture, Inc.
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN that at the above time and place, all letters received will be noted, and all interested parties will be heard. Please note that if you challenge in court any of the matters described above, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the above-referenced public hearing [Government Code Section 65009(b)(2)]. Correspondence will be received up to the start of the meeting. Please submit any correspondence by August 14, 2018 for inclusion in the staff report distributed to the Commission before the meeting. Items will not necessarily be heard in the above order or, because of possible changes or extenuating conditions, be on the actual agenda. For additional information, please contact City Hall. 450 San Rafael Avenue, Belvedere, CA 94920 (415) 435-3838