Impact to City Services
In order to safeguard public health during this time, and in keeping with county, state, and federal directives designed to protect public safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, City Hall has been closed to the public, except by appointment. The duration of this closure will last until May 3, or could be extended in accordance with new guidance from the County Health Department. City Hall is staffed by a small crew. All staff are also working remotely. Appointments may be scheduled by e-mailing the appropriate department head listed below.
City Council, Planning Commission, and Finance Committee meetings are being held remotely on the Zoom platform (more information about Zoom can be found here). Other committee meetings may be held subject to the call of the committee chair. Such meetings must be held remotely.
Marin County Health and Human Services continues to operate a website for the COVID-19 epidemic that includes a list of frequently asked questions. Marin County HHS can also be reached through their COVID-19 hotline at 415-473-7191. Marin County HHS also provides TDD/TTY services at 415-473-3232. If you have questions about the new public health order please visit the Marin County HHS website or call the COVID-19 phone number. Please do not call 9-1-1 or our non-emergency lines with questions about the order. We have exactly the same documents and information that are provided through Marin County Health and Human Services.
The impact to each service provided by the City is as follows:
Public Safety (Police and Fire)
Police Chief Jason Wu, JWu@cityofbelvedere.org; Fire Chief Richard Pearce, https://www.tiburonfire.org/contact-us/
- The Police Department remains fully staffed and ready to assist you.
- The Police Department lobby is not open to the public. Please use 911 for emergency services, use the phone outside the lobby doors, or contact our non-emergency line 415-435-3266 to file a report.
- The Fire Station remains fully functional, but closed to the public.
Community Center, Recreation, and Library
For more information:
www.theranchtoday.org or https://www.beltiblibrary.org/
- The Belvedere Community Center is closed until further notice.
- The Belvedere-Tiburon Library is closed at this time.
- Playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts and outdoor restroom facilities are closed.
- Public parking lots, with exception of the Community Center lot (for EV Charging) are closed.
Robert Zadnik, RZadnik@cityofbelvedere.org
- Essential Public Works services will continue during the closure.
- Encroachment permits and road closure permits may be obtained by filling out a form (found here) and e-mailing it to email@example.com. A staff member will contact you to process your permit. Please note, only essential work is being permitted at this time.
Irene Borba, IBorba@cityofbelvedere.org
- Limited types of planning applications are being accepted. Contact Irene to discuss your application prior to submittal.
Brian Van Son, BVanSon@cityofbelvedere.org
- Building inspections are suspended.
- Most construction is suspended. Exceptions include essential public works projects, construction needed to ensure sites can be left in a safe condition, and repairs needed to maintain habitability and/or safety. Construction sites must be kept secure & safe during this time.
- Limited types of building permit applications are being accepted. Contact Brian to discuss your application prior to submittal. An application for request of essential construction can be found here.
Administration and Finance
Craig Middleton, CMiddleton@cityofbelvedere.org
Christina Cook, CCook@cityofbelvedere.org
Amber Johnson, AJohnson@ciytofbelvedere.org
We encourage everyone to shelter in place, and to practice social distancing for the next few weeks. Please do not hesitate to contact us.