Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
NOTE: This is not an agenda. The agenda will be posted and available the Friday before the meeting.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 6:30 p.m., the Planning Commission of the City of Belvedere will hold a regular meeting at 450 San Rafael Avenue, Belvedere, California, to consider actions including but not limited to the following:
1. Design Review, Second Unit, and Exception to Total Floor Area, for development of a new residence on vacant property located at 14 Pelican Point Road. Proposed plans include a new 5,630 -square-foot two-story residence and associated site walls, parking, driveway and landscaping. Plans include the removal of all Eucalyptus trees. CEQA status: categorically exempt pursuant to Section 15303. Property Owner: Deitz Family Trust. Project Applicant: Mohamad Sadrieh, A.I.A.
2. Design Review, Variances, and Revocable License for construction of a parking deck at 19 Alcatraz Avenue. Includes removal of up to two mature Oak trees. Variances include nonconforming parking location, retaining wall greater than 4 feet tall within the front yard setback, and nonconforming parking dimensions. CEQA status: categorically exempt pursuant to Section 15303. Property Owner: S. Emerson and Catherine G. Best Trust. Applicant: Dan Hadley, Ireland, Robinson & Hadley.
3. CEQA Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration, Design Review, Conditional Use Permit, Revocable License and Zoning Map Amendment for the San Francisco Yacht Club at 98 Beach Road. Application includes request to rezone the property from R-3 Residential to the R-Recreation Zoning District. As proposed, the main clubhouse building would be expanded by approximately 688.5 square feet and the Cove House (formerly 100 Beach Road) would be expanded by 1,033 square feet, and a new 1,607-square-foot raised entertainment area deck would be constructed. Project plans include a new sidewalk and fence along Beach Road, new signage, parking plan and landscaping. Property Owner: San Francisco Yacht Club. Project Applicant: John Swain.
4. Retroactive Design Review and Exception to Total Floor Area for construction of a 133-square-foot side yard roof overhang replacing an existing 184-square-foot side yard roof overhang built without benefit of prior Design Review at 10 Windward Road. CEQA status: categorically exempt pursuant to Section 15301. Property Owners: Tom and Karen Akin. Applicant: Polsky Perlstein Architects.
5. Demolition Permit for removal of existing residence at 333 Belvedere Avenue, known as The Blanding Carriage House. The residence was constructed circa 1907 for Gordon Blanding on the original Blanding Estate at the southern tip of Belvedere Island. Also part of the former estate, residences at 440 Golden Gate Avenue and 450 Belvedere Avenue are City of Belvedere historic properties. Applicants: Clark and Sharon Winslow. Property Owner: William R. Dixon, Jr. and Gayle B. Dixon.
6. Design Review and Exception to Total Floor Area to remodel and add 1,020 square feet of new floor area at 76 Lagoon Road. Remodel includes new second floor addition, demolition of 45% of existing walls and roof, removal of existing landscaping and new plantings and hardscape areas. CEQA status: Categorically exempt pursuant to Section 15301. Property Owners: Devin and Keri Bosch. Applicant: KLS, Inc./Joe McGuire.
7. Retroactive Design Review for severe pruning of a large Oak tree at 121 Bayview Avenue. Pruning may have effectively removed the tree by removing more than 25% of the tree canopy, severely cutting leaders and main limbs, and failing to comply with ANSI standards for tree care operations. Property owners: Laurence and Alisa Bekins. Applicant: Ed Evans.
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN that at the above time and place, all letters received will be noted, and all interested parties will be heard. Please note that if you challenge in court any of the matters described above, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the above-referenced public hearing [Government Code Section 65009(b)(2)]. Please submit any correspondence by July 8, 2011 for inclusion in the staff report distributed to the Commission before the meeting. Items will not necessarily be heard in the above order, nor, because of possible changes or extenuating conditions, be on the actual agenda. For additional information, please contact City Hall.450 San Rafael Avenue, Belvedere, CA 94920 (415) 435-3838