Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 6:30 p.m., the Planning Commission of the City of Belvedere will hold a regular meeting at 450 San Rafael Avenue, Belvedere, California, to consider actions and reports including the following:
(1) Notice is hereby given that the City of Belvedere Planning Commission will hold a public hearing to consider adoption of an update to the Belvedere Housing Element, which was most recently updated in 2010. The Housing Element is a policy document that addresses housing related to all territory with the City of Belvedere and is part of the City of Belvedere General Plan. The Housing element provides extensive information on housing conditions and trends, future housing needs and opportunities, and sets forth goals, policies and programs for implementation.The City of Belvedere Planning Commission will also consider a Negative Declaration for the Housing Element Update project. The City of Belvedere Planning Department is recommending that a Negative Declaration be adopted for the project pursuant to Section 21080 of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). Adoption of a Negative Declaration would indicate that the project (Housing Element Update) would not have the potential to result in a significant adverse impact on the environment. The City of Belvedere Planning Commission will make a recommendation on the Negative Declaration and the updated Housing Element to the Belvedere City Council. The Draft Housing Element and Initial Study/Draft Negative Declaration are available for review at the Planning Department, Belvedere City Hall, 450 San Rafael Avenue, Belvedere, California, and on the City website at www.cityofbelvedere.org Inquiries regarding the Housing Element Update should be directed to Irene Borba, City Planner, at (415) 435-3838 or via e-mail at email@example.comWritten comments on the Initial Study/Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration will be accepted until 5 p.m., Tuesday, April 21, 2015, and should be sent to Irene Borba, City Planner, at (415) 435-3838 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Design Review for the installation of three (3) new security cameras (license plate readers). The City of Belvedere is proposing to install license plate readers at three locations within the City of Belvedere. The locations are as follows: (a) Lagoon Road & San Rafael Avenue (on an existing street light pole), (b) Beach Road & Cove Road (on an existing street light pole) and (c) at Lagoon Road/Cove Road & Tiburon Boulevard (a new pole would be required at this location). The license plate readers are 6.9” X 6.5” x 2” and a metal cabinet is required to house the equipment that measures 18” x 6” x 8”. Applicant/Property Owner: City of Belvedere.
(3) Design Review (Retroactive) for final landscape plan (planting plan) for the property located at 39 Belvedere Avenue (a.k.a. 41-43 Belvedere Avenue). In addition to the final planting plan, the proposed project includes the request for approval for modifications to the roofing material (river rocks), the removal of an existing trellis over the 2nd unit courtyard, and the addition of a dark bronze cladding material on an entry walkway concrete wall. Applicant: Adam Rouse, Aidlin Darling Architects. Property Owner: 39 Belvedere LLC.
(4) Design Review for the property located at 244 Golden Gate Avenue for modifications to approved plans for plantings and fencing along Pomander Walk. Applicant: Pete Pedersen, Pedersen Associates. Property Owner: Christopher Lacey.
(5) Design Review for modifications to the existing patio and deck area of the residence located at 35 West Shore Road. Project includes the following: a) remove existing built-in seating area and steps in rear patio area; b) add new planters, steps, step lighting and landscaping; c) replace existing wood decking on boat dock with new wood decking; and d) replace existing wood railing on boat dock and patio area with 3/8-inch clear tempered glass railing with teak cap and strip lighting. Some of the modifications are proposed within a 25-foot wide drainage and view easement. Property Owner: Zachary Hyman (Hyman Revocable Trust); Applicant: Steve Wisenbaker, Architect.
(6) Demolition, Design Review, Exception to Total Floor Area applications, for the removal of an existing 3,149 square-foot residence and construction of a new 3,952 square-foot residence at 74 Lagoon Road. Project includes but is not limited to the following: a) demolition of the existing residence constructed in 1961; b) construction of a new single family residence; c) new stucco wall, wood gate, and fences; and d) landscaping, hardscape, pergola, exterior lighting, outdoor, and stone terrace. An Exception to Total Floor Area is requested to exceed the allowable floor area permitted in the R-1L zoning district. A request for a Revocable License is requested for improvements (i.e., landscaping and driveway improvements) in the right-of-way. Property Owner: Laleh Zelinsky Revocable Trust; Applicant: Hank Bruce, Hank Bruce Architects.
(7) Design Review and Floor Area Exception applications to reorganize and refurbish interior spaces, minor modifications to the building envelope, replace exterior doors and windows, patch with matching siding and trim where necessary and repaint the existing house located at 322 Beach Road. Project includes removing and replacing the garage roof, removing and replacing the roof on the front entry trellis, relocating the side yard stairway, removing a window seat in the kitchen, adding a bay window in the dining room, adding 20 square feet to the living room, and an interior remodel of upper and lower floor. The project proposes to reduce the size of the lower floor deck to accommodate a new exterior stairway. The project proposes to repair the shed and decks as required. Property Owner and Applicant: Steve and Meryl Wisenbaker
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN that at the above time and place, all letters received will be noted, and all interested parties will be heard. Please note that if you challenge in court any of the matters described above, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the above-referenced public hearing [Government Code Section 65009(b)(2)]. Correspondence will be received up to the start of the meeting. Please submit any correspondence by April 14, 2015 for inclusion in the staff report distributed to the Commission before the meeting. Items will not necessarily be heard in the above order or, because of possible changes or extenuating conditions, be on the actual agenda. For additional information, please contact City Hall.
450 San Rafael Avenue, Belvedere, CA 94920 (415) 435-3838