FAQ Topic: Popular FAQs

What do I do if I want a tree on City property trimmed or removed?

Trimming of trees on public property require City approval in advance of any work conducted and will trigger an Encroachment Permit requirement. Removal of trees on public property is a multi-step process, including notification of neighbors. For more detail, contact the City’s Public Works Department at (415) 435-3838 or email Antony Boyd, Public Works Director, … Continued

When do I need an encroachment permit?

An encroachment permit is required any time work is performed in the public rights of way. This includes moving trucks, storage of debris boxes, tree work, replacing concrete sidewalks, replacing curbs and gutters, and sewer lateral repair work that encroaches into the street. You can find an application here.

Close window