Volunteer for a City Committee!

Public Works FAQs

You can find information on trimming and/or removing a tree in Belvedere here. Note that removal of most trees in Belvedere require a permit.

Trimming of trees on public property require City approval in advance of any work conducted and will trigger an Encroachment Permit requirement. Removal of trees on public property is a multi-step process, including notification of neighbors. For more detail, contact the City’s Public Works Department at (415) 435-3838 or email Antony Boyd, Public Works Director, and review the City’s relevant Municipal Code including Municipal Code 8, Health & Safety.

Information about road closures, road encroachments, and street maintenance projects can be viewed in The Road Closure Calendar here. Information will also be posted in the Events sections.

An encroachment permit is required any time work is performed in the public rights of way. This includes moving trucks, storage of debris boxes, tree work, replacing concrete sidewalks, replacing curbs and gutters, and sewer lateral repair work that encroaches into the street. You can find an application here.

Belvedere streets are swept in zones. For details on the City’s Street Maintenance Programs, please visit the street maintenance web page.

Please contact DC Electric to report a street light outage on their 24-hour Emergency Repair Phone Line: 1-707-992-0141 or Toll Free 1-866-523-8386. You may also email street light repair requests’ to dispatch@dcelectricgroup.com or click here for online reporting.

Close window